In this following post we have shared an overview and download link of deWit’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts & Practice 5th Edition PDF. Read the quick review below and download the PDF by using links given at the end of the post. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience.
Build skills in clinical judgment and prepare for the Next-Generation NCLEX-PN® examination! Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts and Practice, 5th Edition provides a solid foundation in nursing concepts and skills essential to the LPN/LVN role. Complete coverage of common adult medical-surgical conditions includes all body systems and their disorders, addressing patient care in a variety of settings. Special attention is given to care of older adults, those with chronic illnesses, and residents in long-term care settings.
Written by nursing educator Holly Stromberg, this text emphasizes evidence-based practice and reflects the expanding scope of practice for LPN/LVNs. What’s more, it makes exam prep easier with new Next-Generation NCLEX® case studies and an emphasis on developing critical thinking and clinical judgment.
Features of deWit’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts & Practice 5th Edition PDF:
- Nursing care plans show plans of care based on patient history and include patient goals and outcomes, with critical thinking questions allowing you to assess your understanding of related nursing concepts.
- Concept maps illustrate how a disorder’s symptoms, treatments, and side effects relate to each other.
- Safety alerts emphasize safety precautions to protect patients, family, health care providers, and the public from accidents, spread of disease, and medication-related accidents.
- Focused Assessment boxes show how to collect patient data, including history and physical and psychosocial assessment, with guidance on collecting information for specific disorders.
- Communication boxes help in developing therapeutic communication skills in realistic patient care situations.
- Patient Teaching boxes provide instructions and guidelines for educating patients in self-care.
- Elder Care Points address the unique care issues that affect older adults and provide suggestions for assessment and interventions for long-term patients.
- Home Care Considerations focus on adapting medical-surgical nursing care to the home environment after discharge.
- Assignment Considerations cover task delegation from the RN to the LPN/LVN and from the LPN/LVN to unlicensed assistive personnel, as allowed by each state’s nurse practice act.
- Nutrition Considerations emphasize the role nutrition plays in disease and holistic nursing care.
- Cultural Considerations promote understanding of the needs of various ethnic groups and sensitivity to differing beliefs and practices.
- Legal and Ethical Considerations describe legal issues and ethical dilemmas that may face the practicing nurse.
- Get Ready for the Next-Generation NCLEX® Examination! section at the end of each chapter covers key points and includes review questions and critical thinking questions to help you prepare for class tests and the NCLEX-PN examination.
- Medication tables provide quick access to drug dosages and side effects of commonly used medications.
- Key terms include phonetic pronunciations and text page references, making learning easier with terms listed at the beginning of each chapter, appearing in blue at first mention or where defined in the text, and defined in the glossary.
- Concepts important to developing nursing knowledge for sound clinical thinking are identified for each chapter.
You Mighlt like other medical book:
Download deWit’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts & Practice 5th Edition PDF Free:
You can easily download deWit’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Concepts & Practice 5th Edition PDF by clicking the link given below. If the PDF link is not responding, kindly inform us through comment section. We will fixed it soon.
Click Here Download pdf
Here i need you attention to some of the important words about this article. This post was share just for educational purpose and to help medical students, post graduates and professors. This Site only educate our visitors about the materials. Medicscenters.com do not share the copyright materials on this site. The Link which is provide as found/ taken from the others websites. we highly encourage our visitors to buy the materials from its original authors. More over we do not store any kind of illegal link in our medicscenter.com server. We always follow the legal DMCA policy. There is no copyright materials share on medicscenter.com, We only offer the materials which are free on internet. This website is educational purpose and if there is any copyright materials against DMCA policy, who want to remove the materials kindly contact us on email [email protected].