In this post we share a valuable pharmacology book GOODMAN & GILMAN’S THE PHARMACOLOGICAL BASIS OF THERAPEUTICS PDF 14TH EDITION PDF free along with preview and features. The PDF link is upload at the end section of this post, you can easily download it bu clicking the link.
For more than 50 years, Goodman & Gilman’s: The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics has represented the pinnacle of authority and accuracy in describing the actions and uses of therapeutic agents in relation to physiology and pathophysiology. The text’s careful balance of basic science and clinical applications has guided thousands of health care practitioners and students to a clear understanding of the drugs essential to preventing, diagnosing and treating disease.
This Fourteenth Edition includes five new chapters, 600+ illustrations, and important content from 53 new contributors. More than a textbook, Goodman & Gilman’s is a working template for the effective and rational prescribing of drugs in daily practice.
Features Of Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics 14th Edition PDF:
Following are the prime features of this book given below;
- There is expanded separate coverage of cardiovascular disease e.g myocardial ischemia, hypertension, and heart failure
- The 13th edition has updated Treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Immunity and Inflammation, Immunoglobulins and Vaccines, and Treatment of Viral Hepatitis
- Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics concisely describing the actions and uses of therapeutic agents in relation to physiology and pathophysiology.
- A guide book for medical students to understand action, mechanisms, adverse effects and more about drugs.
- Summary tables at the end of each chapter that organize drugs discussed in that chapter into relevant categories and detail therapeutic usage, clinical pharmacology, and tips
- The companion DVD includes all the images and tables in the text along with narrated animations.
- Following are the content outlines at the beginning of each chapter with Abbreviation boxes.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Following are the complete chapters of this book given below;
- SECTION I: GENERAL PRINCIPLES.
- Chapter 1: Drug Invention and the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Chapter 2: Pharmacokinetics: The Dynamics of Drug Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, and Elimination
- Chapter 3: Pharmacodynamics: Molecular Mechanisms of Drug Action
- Chapter 4: Drug Toxicity and Poisoning
- Chapter 5: Membrane Transporters and Drug Response
- Chapter 6: Drug Metabolism
- Chapter 7: Pharmacogenetics
- SECTION II: NEUROPHARMACOLOGY
- Chapter 8: Neurotransmission: The Autonomic and Somatic Motor Nervous Systems
- Chapter 9: Muscarinic Receptor Agonists and Antagonists
- Chapter 10: Anticholinesterase Agents
- Chapter 11: Nicotine and Agents Acting at the Neuromuscular Junction and Autonomic Ganglia
- Chapter 12: Adrenergic Agonists and Antagonists
- Chapter 13: 5-Hydroxytryptamine (Serotonin) and Dopamine
- Chapter 14: Neurotransmission in the Central Nervous System
- Chapter 15: Drug Therapy of Depression and Anxiety Disorders
- Chapter 16: Pharmacotherapy of Psychosis and Mania
- Chapter 17: Pharmacotherapy of the Epilepsies
- Chapter 18: Treatment of Central Nervous System Degenerative Disorders
- Chapter 19: Hypnotics and Sedatives
- Chapter 20: Opioids, Analgesia, and Pain Management
- Chapter 21: General Anesthetics and Therapeutic Gases
- Chapter 22: Local Anesthetics
- Chapter 23: Ethanol
- Chapter 24: Drug Use Disorders and Addiction
- SECTION III: MODULATION OF PULMONARY, RENAL, AND CARDIOVASCULAR FUNCTION
- Chapter 25: Drugs Affecting Renal Excretory Function
- Chapter 26: Renin and Angiotensin
- Chapter 27: Treatment of Ischemic Heart Disease
- Chapter 28: Treatment of Hypertension
- Chapter 29: Therapy of Heart Failure
- Chapter 30: Antiarrhythmic Drugs
- Chapter 31: Treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Chapter 32: Blood Coagulation and Anticoagulant, Fibrinolytic, and Antiplatelet Drugs
- Chapter 33: Drug Therapy for Dyslipidemias
- SECTION IV: INFLAMMATION, IMMUNOMODULATION, AND HEMATOPOIESIS.
- Chapter 34: Introduction to Immunity and Inflammation
- Chapter 35: Immunosuppressants and Tolerogens
- Chapter 36: Immune Globulins and Vaccines
- Chapter 37: Lipid-Derived Autacoids: Eicosanoids and Platelet-Activating Factor
- Chapter 38: Pharmacotherapy of Inflammation, Fever, Pain, and Gout
- Chapter 39: Histamine, Bradykinin, and Their Antagonists
- Chapter 40: Pulmonary Pharmacology
- Chapter 41: Hematopoietic Agents: Growth Factors, Minerals, and Vitamins.
- �ECTION V: HORMONES AND HORMONE ANTAGONISTS
- Chapter 42: Introduction to Endocrinology: The Hypothalamic-Pituitary Axis
- Chapter 43: Thyroid and Antithyroid Drugs
- Chapte 44: Estrogens, Progestins, and the Female Reproductive Tract
- Chapter 45: Androgens and the Male Reproductive Tract
- Chapter 46: Adrenocorticotropic Hormone, Adrenal Steroids, and the Adrenal Cortex
- Chapter 47: Endocrine Pancreas and Pharmacotherapy of Diabetes Mellitus and Hypoglycemia
- Chapter 48: Agents Affecting Mineral Ion Homeostasis and Bone Turnover
- SECTION VI: GASTROINTESTINAL PHARMACOLOGY
- Chapter 49: Pharmacotherapy for Gastric Acidity, Peptic Ulcers, and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Chapter 50: Gastrointestinal Motility and Water Flux, Emesis, and Biliary and Pancreatic Disease
- Chapter 51: Pharmacotherapy of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- SECTION VII: CHEMOTHERAPY OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES
- Chapter 52: General Principles of Antimicrobial Therapy
- Chapter 53: Chemotherapy of Malaria
- Chapter 54: Chemotherapy of Protozoal Infections: Amebiasis, Giardiasis, Trichomoniasis, Trypanosomiasis, Leishmaniasis, and Other Protozoal Infections
- Chapter 55: Chemotherapy of Helminth Infections
- Chapter 56: Sulfonamides, Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole, Quinolones, and Agents for Urinary Tract Infections
- Chapter 57: Penicillins, Cephalosporins, and Other β-Lactam Antibiotics
- Chapter 58: Aminoglycosides
- Chapter 59: Protein Synthesis Inhibitors and Miscellaneous Antibacterial Agents
- Chapter 60: Chemotherapy of Tuberculosis, Mycobacterium avium Complex Disease, and Leprosy
- Chapter 61: Antifungal Agents
- Chapter 62: Antiviral Agents (Nonretroviral)
- Chapter 63: Treatment of Viral Hepatitis (HBV/HCV)
- Chapter 64: Antiretroviral Agents and Treatment of HIV Infection
- Section VIII: Pharmacotherapy of Neoplastic Disease
- Chapter 65: General Principles in the Pharmacotherapy of Cancer
- Chapter 66: Cytotoxic Drugs
- Chapter 67: Pathway-Targeted Therapies: Monoclonal Antibodies, Protein Kinase Inhibitors, and Various Small Molecules
- Chapter 68: Hormones and Related Agents in the Therapy of Cancer
- Section IX: Special Systems Pharmacology
- Chapter 69: Ocular Pharmacology
- Chapter 70: Dermatological Pharmacology
- Chapter 71: Environmental Toxicology: Carcinogens and Heavy Metals
Appendix I: Principles of Prescription Order Writing and Patient Compliance
Appendix II: Design and Optimization of Dosage Regimens: Pharmacokinetic Data
Section X: The Goodman & Gilman Year in Review
About the Author:
Read about the authors of this great book.
Bjorn C. Knollman, MD, PhD, is a professor of medicine and fellowship director for the Division of Clinical Pharmacology within the Department of Medicine at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, TN.
- Language : English.
- Hardcover : 1664 pages.
- Item Weight : 7.71 pounds.
- Dimensions : 8.9 x 2.6 x 11.2 inches.
Other Pharmacology Book PDF
Kindly click the download button given below to get the direct google drive download link. we are not upload the pdf to this site due to copyright issue. If you really need the book, click the download button given below.
Download Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics 14th Edition PDF free:
Here i need you attention to some of the important words about this article. This post was share just for educational purpose and to help medical students, post graduates and professors. This Site only educate our visitors about the materials. Medicscenters.com do not share the copyright materials on this site. The Link which is provide as found/ taken from the others websites. we highly encourage our visitors to buy the materials from its original authors. More over we do not store any kind of illegal link in our medicscenter.com server. We always follow the legal DMCA policy. There is no copyright materials share on medicscenter.com, We only offer the materials which are free on internet. This website is educational purpose and if there is any copyright materials against DMCA policy, who want to remove the materials kindly contact us on email [email protected].