In this post we are giving you a quick review on Liver Disease in Children 5th Edition PDF. As we know surgery is subject that need mastering in human anatomy before mastering in surgery. You will have came across many book in surgery to improve your concept and mastering the practical surgery procedure.
Liver disease in children is increasing in prevalence, placing a huge burden on healthcare systems and often requiring long-term management. Offering an integrative approach to the science and clinical practice of pediatric hepatology, this is the definitive reference text for improved diagnosis and treatment strategies.
In the new edition of this authoritative text, chapters have been thoroughly revised in line with major advances in the field, such as recognizing the increased frequency of fatty liver disease, and how genetic testing has the potential to establish earlier diagnoses for a variety of diseases. Disorders covered include cholestasis, metabolic disorders and hepatitis, with their presentation across the spectrum of infancy, childhood and adolescence discussed. The indications and surgical aspects of liver transplant are explained and post-transplant care is described in detail. This is a valuable resource for pediatricians, hepatologists, gastroenterologists and all clinicians involved in the care of children with liver diseases.
Table of Contents:
Section 1. Pathophysiology of Pediatric Liver Disease:
1. Liver development
2. Functional development of the liver
3. Mechanisms of bile formation and the pathogenesis of cholestasis
4. Acute liver failure in children
5. Cirrhosis and chronic liver failure in children
6. Portal Hypertension in children
7. Laboratory assessment of liver function and injury in children
Section 2. Cholestatic Liver Disease:
8. Approach to the infant with cholestasis
9. Medical and nutritional management of cholestasis in infants and children
10. Neonatal hepatitis and congenital infections
11. Biliary atresia and other disorders of the extrahepatic bile ducts
12. Neonatal jaundice and disorders of bilirubin metabolism
13. Familial hepatocellular cholestasis
14. Alagille Syndrome
15. Intestinal failure associated liver disease
16. Diseases of the gallbladder in infancy, childhood, and adolescence
Section 3. Hepatitis and Immune Disorders:
17. Hepatitis A and hepatitis E virus in children
18. Hepatitis B virus infection in children
19. Hepatitis C virus infection in children
20. Autoimmune hepatitis in children
21. Sclerosing cholangitis in children
22. Drug-induced liver disease in children
23. Liver disease in immunodeficiencies in children
Section 4. Metabolic Liver Disease:
24. Laboratory diagnosis of inborn errors of liver metabolism
25. α1-Antitrypsin Deficiency
26. Cystic fibrosis liver disease in children
27. Inborn errors of carbohydrate metabolism
28. Copper metabolism and copper storage disorders in children
29. Iron storage disorders in children
30. Heme biosynthesis and the porphyrias in children
31. Tyrosinemia in children
32. Lysosomal storage disorders in children
33. Disorders of bile acid synthesis and metabolism in children
34. Inborn errors of fatty acid oxidation
35. Mitochondrial hepatopathies
36. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in children
37. Peroxisomal disorders in children
38. Urea cycle disorders in children
Section 5. Other Considerations and Issues in Pediatric Hepatology:
39. Bacterial, parasitic, and fungal infections of the liver in children
40. Systemic disease and the liver in children
41. Fibrocystic liver disease in children
42. Tumors of the liver in children
43. Liver transplantation in children: indications and surgical aspects
44. Liver transplantation in children: post-transplant care.
About the Author:
Frederick J. Suchy MD is Professor of Pediatrics, Chief Research Officer, Digestive Health Institute, Section of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Children’s Hospital Colorado, and University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA.
Ronald J. Sokol MD is Arnold Silverman MD Endowed Chair in Digestive Health, Chief, Section of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Children’s Hospital Colorado, and University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA.
William F. Balistreri MD is Dorothy M. M. Kersten Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, USA.
Jorge A Bezerra, MD is the William and Rebecca Balistreri Chair in Pediatric Hepatology, Professor of Pediatrics, and Director, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center and the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA.
Cara L. Mack, MD is Professor of Pediatrics, Hewit/Andrews Chair in Pediatric Liver Disease, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Children’s Hospital Colorado, and University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA.
Download Liver Disease in Children 5th Edition PDF Free:
You can download the PDF of Liver Disease in Children 5th Edition PDF by clicking the download link. If the download link does not working kindly inform us through the comments section, we will updated you soon.
Click to download pdf
“ NOTE: We do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us.
Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We are not hosting any copyrighted contents on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that already found on the internet. Medstudentscorner.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Moreover Medstudentscorner.com server does not store any type of book, guide, software, or images. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet. Check out our DMCA Policy. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately. You may send an email to [email protected] for all DMCA / Removal Requests.