In this following article we share free PDF link of ESSENTIAL OF ORTHOPEADICS by J. Maheshwari, Vikram A. Mhaskar. with a quick overview and features. The PDF link is available at the end section of this post.
If you are interested in orthopeadics and want to learn ortho thoroughly you mus have this book in yours hands. This new covers the fractures and injuries related to the musculoskeletal system. Essential Orthopaedics is the highly illustrated resource, ideal for undergraduate revision. Each of the 48 chapters has been thoroughly revised and updated. There is also an MCQs section has been added to the end of each chapter to aid revision.
This edition is arranged in such away that, before discussing basic principles and treatment the chapters begin with a brief review of the relevant anatomy. The broad range of topics includes the anatomy of the bone and fracture healing, deformities and their management, bone tumors, spinal injuries, and degenerative disorders with various methods and their indications.
Features of Essential Orthopaedics 6th Edition PDF:
- The first three chapters give a detailed description of the introduction, anatomy, and treatment for fractures and bones.
- Chapter four discusses on splints and tractions. Recent advancements for treating fractures and the approach to treat the patient with limb injury are also mentioned in this book.
- In chapters eight, thirteen to twenty-one; injuries at different parts like joints, peripheral nerve, shoulder, forearm and wrist, hand, hip, knee, leg, ankle, and foot; fractures in children, pelvic fractures, and shaft of femur fractures; and also deformities and their management are discussed.
- Twenty-second and twenty-fourth chapters discuss infections related to bones, joints, and hands.
- Chapter twenty-three provides information on tuberculosis of bones, and joints.
- Different diseases, disorders, and deformities that are caused in the musculoskeletal system are discussed in chapters from twenty five-twenty nine, thirty one-thirty nine. The approach to a patient with back pain is discussed in chapter thirty.
- From chapter forty to forty-two, different amputations, prosthetics, orthotics, and surgeries like arthroscopic surgery, joint replacement surgery (this includes hemiarthroplasty, total joint replacement, partial knee replacement, total shoulder replacement, and total elbow replacement) are discussed.
Table of Contents:
- 1. Orthopaedic Trauma: Introduction
- 2. Anatomy of Bone and Fracture Healing
- 3. Treatment of Fractures: General Principles
- 4. Splints and Tractions
- 5. Recent Advances in the Treatment of Fractures
- 6. Approach to a Patient with Limb Injury
- 7. Complications of Fractures
- 8. Injury to Joints: Dislocation and Subluxation
- 9. Fractures in Children
- 10. Peripheral Nerve Injuries
- 11. Deformities and their Management
- 12. Treatment of Orthopaedic Disorders: A General Review
- 13. Injuries Around the Shoulder, Fracture Humerus
- 14. Injuries Around the Elbow
- 15. Injuries of the Forearm and Wrist
- 16. Hand Injuries
- 17. Pelvic Fractures
- 18. Injuries Around the Hip
- 19. Fracture Shaft of Femur
- 20. Injuries Around the Knee
- 21. Injuries to the Leg, Ankle and Foot
- 22. Infections of Bones and Joints
- 23. Tuberculosis of Bones and Joints
- 24. Infections of the Hand
- 25. Congenital Talipes Equino Varus (CTEV)
- 26. Congenital Dislocation of the Hip and Other Malformations
- 27. Poliomyelitis and Other Neuromuscular Disorders
- 28. Bone Tumours
- 29. Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc
- 30. Approach to a Patient with Back Pain
- 31. Spinal Injuries
- 32. Traumatic Paraplegia
- 33. Scoliosis and Other Spinal Deformities
- 34. Arthritis and Related Diseases
- 35. Degenerative Disorders
- 36. Affections of the Soft Tissues
- 37. Metabolic Bone Diseases
- 38. Miscellaneous Affections of the Bone
- 39. Miscellaneous Regional Diseases
- 40. Amputations, Prosthetics and Orthotics
- 41. Arthroscopic Surgery
- 42. Joint Replacement Surgery
- 43. Imaging Modalities in Orthopaedics
Other Related Books:
You can easily download Essential Orthopaedics Including Clinical Methods PDF 6th edition by clicking the link given below. If the link is not responding kindly inform us through comment section. We will fixed it soon.