In this post we have shared an overview and download link of Pedretti’s Occupational Therapy: Practice Skills for Physical Dysfunction 8th Edition PDF. Read the quick review below and download the PDF by using links given at the end of the post. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience.
Pedretti’s Occupational Therapy: Practice Skills for Physical Dysfunction, 8th Edition prepares you for occupational therapy practice with adults who have physical disabilities. This cornerstone text provides a foundation for the development of clinical reasoning skills in a comprehensive, case-based learning approach to physical dysfunction. New full color photos and helpful pedagogy, including threaded case studies, OT Practice Notes, ethical considerations, and end-of-chapter review questions, reinforce learning, enhance retention, and prompt you to apply principles in a clinical setting.
Features of Pedretti’s Occupational Therapy: Practice Skills for Physical Dysfunction 8th Edition PDF:
Following are the features of this book given below;
- Threaded case studies, woven throughout each chapter, help you apply concepts to real-life clinical practice.
- Ethical Considerations boxes highlight the key ethical concerns of treatment options so you can practice ethically.
- OT Practice Notes convey important considerations for professional practice.
- Focuses on the occupational therapist’s role in health and wellness, which the OTA has identified as a key practice area in the 21st century.
- Information on prevention, rather than simply intervention or treatment, shows how OTs can take a proactive role in patient care.
- Evidence-based content included throughout, especially in regards to evaluation and intervention.
- Content on occupational therapy’s commitment to considering cultural and ethnic diversity in every chapter.
- Key terms, chapter outlines, chapter objectives lay out the information you can expect to learn from each chapter.
- NEW! Coverage of the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework (OTPF-3) increases your understanding of the OTPF-3 and its relationship to the practice of occupational therapy with adults who have physical disabilities.
- New All new section on the therapeutic use of self, which the OTPF lists as the single most important line of intervention occupational therapists can provide.
- New Chapter on hospice and palliative care presents the evidence-base for hospice and palliative care occupational therapy; describes the role of the occupational therapist with this population within the parameters of the third edition of the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework (OTPF-3); and recommends clinician self-care strategies to support ongoing quality care.
- Uupdated Completely revised Spinal Cord Injury chapter addresses restoration of available musculature; self-care; independent living skills; short- and long-term equipment needs; environmental accessibility; and educational, work, and leisure activities. It looks at how the occupational therapist offers emotional support and intervention during every phase of the rehabilitation program.
- Updated Completely revised chapter on low back pain discusses topics that are critical for the occupational therapist including: anatomy; client evaluation; interventions areas; client-centered occupational therapy analysis; and intervention strategies for frequently impacted occupations.
Table of contents:
Part 1: Overview: Occupational Therapy Foundations for Physical Dysfunction
1. The Occupational Therapy Practice Framework and the Practice of Occupational Therapy for Persons with Physical Disabilities
2. History and Practice Trends in the Treatment of Physical Dysfunction
Part 2: Occupational Therapy Process and Practice
3. Application of the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework to Physical Dysfunction
4. Systematic OT Practice: A Model of Evidence-Based Practice for OT
5. Health Promotion and Wellness for People with Physical Disabilities
6. Personal and Social Contexts of Disability: Implications for Occupational Therapists
7. Teaching Activities and Therapeutic Use of Self-Employing Mindfulness in Occupational Therapy
8. Documentation of Occupational Therapy Services
9. Infection Control and Safety Issues in the Clinic
Part 3: Occupational Performance and the Performance Areas: Evaluation and Intervention
10. Activities of Daily Living
Section 1: Functional Ambulation
Section 2: Wheelchairs
Section 3: Community Mobility
12. Sexuality and Physical Dysfunction
13. Sleep and Rest
14. Work Evaluation and Work Programs
15. Americans with Disabilities Act and Related Laws that Promote Participation in Work, Leisure, and Activities of Daily Living
16. Leisure Occupations
17. Assistive Technology
Part 4: Performance Skills and Client Factors: Evaluation and Intervention
18. Performance Skills: Definitions and Evaluation in the Context of the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework
19. Evaluation of Motor Control
20. Occupation-Based Functional Motion Assessment
21. Evaluation of Joint Range of Motion
22. Evaluation of Muscle Strength
23. Evaluation of Sensation and Intervention for Sensory Dysfunction
24. Evaluation and Treatment of Visual Deficits Following Brain Injury
25. Evaluation and Intervention of Perceptual Dysfunction
26. Evaluation and Intervention of Cognitive Dysfunction
27. Eating and Swallowing
28. Evaluation and Pain Management
Part 5: The Occupational Therapy Process: Implementation of Intervention
29. Therapeutic Occupations and Modalities
Section 1: Hand Splinting: Principles, Practice, and Decision Making
Section 2: Suspension Arm Devices and Mobile Arm Supports
31. Traditional Sensorimotor Approaches to Intervention
Section 1: Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation Approach
Section 2: Principles of Neuro-Developmental Treatment Approach
32. Motor Learning
Part 6: Intervention Applications
33. Cerebral Vascular Accident/Stroke
34. Traumatic Brain Injury
35. Degenerative Diseases of the Central Nervous System
Section 1: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Section 2: Alzheimer’s Disease
Section 3: Huntington’s Disease
Section 4: Multiple Sclerosis
Section 5: Parkinson’s Disease
36. Spinal Cord Injury
37. Neurogenic and Myopathic Dysfunction
39. Hand and Upper Extremity Injuries
40. Hip Fractures and Lower Extremity Joint Replacement
41. Low Back Pain
42. Burns and Burn Rehabilitation
43. Amputations and Prosthetics
Section 1: General Considerations of Upper and Lower Extremity Amputations
Section 2: Upper Extremity Amputations
Section 3: Lower Extremity Amputations
44. Cardiac and Pulmonary Diseases
46. Special Needs of the Older Adult
47. HIV Infection and AIDS
48. Polytrauma and the War on Terror
49. NEW! Hospice and Palliative Care in Occupational Therapy for Persons with Physical Disabilities
Download Pedretti’s Occupational Therapy: Practice Skills for Physical Dysfunction 8th Edition PDF Free:
Kindly click the download button given below to get the direct download link. we are not upload the pdf to this site due to copyright issue. If you really need the book, click the download button given below.
Click here to Download PDF
“ NOTE: We do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us.
Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We are not hosting any copyrighted contents on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that already found on the internet. Medstudentscorner.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Moreover Medstudentscorner.com server does not store any type of book, guide, software, or images. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet. Check out our DMCA Policy. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately. You may send an email to [email protected] for all DMCA / Removal Requests.