In this following post we have shared an overview and download link of Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 6th edition pdf. Read the quick review below and download the PDF by using links given at the end of the post. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience.
Learn to develop the problem-solving skills necessary for success in the clinical setting! The Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology, 6th Edition uses a reader-friendly “building-block” approach to the essentials of diagnostic microbiology. This updated edition has new content on viruses like Zika, an expanded molecular chapter, and the latest information on prevention, treatment modalities, and CDC guidelines. Updated photos offer clear examples of automated lab instruments, while case studies, review questions, and learning objectives present information in an easy-to-understand, accessible manner for students at every level.
key features of Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 6th edition:
following are the key features of this book given below;
- A building-block approach encourages you to use previously learned information to sharpen critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Full-color design, with many full-color photomicrographs, prepares you for the reality of diagnostic microbiology.
- A case study at the beginning of each chapter provides you with the opportunity to form your own questions and answers through discussion points.
- Hands-on procedures describe exactly what takes place in the micro lab, making content more practical and relevant.
- Agents of bioterrorism chapter furnishes you with the most current information about this hot topic.
Table of Contents:
- Part 1: Introduction to Clinical Microbiology
1. Bacterial Cell Structure, Physiology, Metabolism, and Genetics
2. Host-Parasite Interaction
3. The Laboratory Role in Infection Control
4. Control of Microorganisms: Disinfection, Sterilization, and Microbiology Safety
5. Performance Improvement in the Microbiology Laboratory
6. Specimen Collection and Processing
7. Microscopic Examination of Materials from Infected Sites
8. Use of Colony Morphology for the Presumptive Identification of Microorganisms
9. Biochemical Identification of Gram-Negative Bacteria
10. Immunodiagnosis of Infectious Diseases
11. Applications of Molecular Diagnostics
12. Antibacterial Mechanisms of Action and Bacterial Resistance Mechanisms
13. Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing
- Part 2: Laboratory Identification of Significant Isolates
15. Streptococcus, Enterococcus, and Other Catalase-Negative, Gram-Positive Cocci
16. Aerobic Gram-Positive Bacilli
17. Neisseria Species and Moraxella catarrhalis
18. Haemophilus, HACEK, Legionella and Other Fastidious Gram-Negative Bacilli
20. Vibrio, Aeromonas, and Campylobacter Species
21. Nonfermenting and Miscellaneous Gram-Negative Bacilli
22. Anaerobes of Clinical Importance
23. The Spirochetes
24. Chlamydia, Rickettsia, and Similar Organisms
25. Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma
26. Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Nontuberculous Mycobacteria
27. Medically Significant Fungi
28. Diagnostic Parasitology
29. Clinical Virology
30. Agents of Bioterror and Forensic Microbiology
31. Biofilms: Architects of Disease
- Part 3: Laboratory Diagnosis of Infectious Diseases: and Organ System Approach to Diagnostic Microbiology
32. Upper and Lower Respiratory Tract Infections
33. Skin and Soft Tissue Infections
34. Gastrointestinal Infections and Food Poisoning
35. Infections of the Central Nervous System
36. Bacteremia and Sepsis
37. Urinary Tract Infections
38. Genital Infections and Sexually Transmitted Infections
39. Infections in Special Populations
40. Zoonotic Diseases
41. Ocular Infections
- Appendix A: Selected Bacteriologic Culture Media
Appendix B: Selected Mycology Media, Fluids, and Stains
Appendix C: Selected Procedures
Appendix D: Answers to Learning Assessment Questions
Download Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 6th edition pdf Free:
You can easily download Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 6th edition pdf Free by clicking the link given below. If the PDF link is not responding, kindly inform us through comment section. We will fixed it soon.
Click Here Download pdf
Here i need you attention to some of the important words about this article. This post was share just for educational purpose and to help medical students, post graduates and professors. This Site only educate our visitors about the materials. Medicscenters.com do not share the copyright materials on this site. The Link which is provide as found/ taken from the others websites. we highly encourage our visitors to buy the materials from its original authors. More over we do not store any kind of illegal link in our medicscenter.com server. We always follow the legal DMCA policy. There is no copyright materials share on medicscenter.com, We only offer the materials which are free on internet. This website is educational purpose and if there is any copyright materials against DMCA policy, who want to remove the materials kindly contact us on email [email protected].