In this following post we have shared an overview and download link of The Physician Assistant Student’s Guide to the Clinical Year: Surgery PDF. Read the quick review below and download the PDF by using links given at the end of the post. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience.
Prepare for and thrive during your clinical rotations with the quick-access pocket guide series, The Physician Assistant Student’s Guide to the Clinical Year. The Surgery edition of this 7-volume series, discounted when purchased as a full set, delineates the exact duties required in this specialty.
Written by an experienced PA educator, this guide details common surgical procedures you’ll see, such as thyroidectomy, hernia repair, mastectomy, and appendectomy. It also provides important information on surgical emergencies, including gastrointestinal bleeding, perforated viscus, and limb ischemia. System-based chapters reviewing the presentation and management of common conditions that may require surgery are also included.
Advice on taking good SOAP notes, guidance on how to prepare patients for surgery, and tips on surgical etiquette will help you excel during this intense rotation. Additional chapters on pre- and post-operative management of patients, sterile technique, and common wound closure methods will arm you with the knowledge you’ll need to succeed.
Key Features The Physician Assistant Student’s Guide to the Clinical Year: Surgery PDF:
- Provides a pocket-size overview of the PA surgery rotation
- Describes common surgical procedures and emergencies
- Offers clinical pearls throughout
- Includes key abbreviations you’ll need to decipher in documentation
- Reflects the 2019 NCCPA PANCE blueprint
- Includes two bonus digital chapters! Three guided case studies to reinforce clinical reasoning plus 25 rotation exam-style questions with remediating rationales
- Includes full digital access on Springerpub Connect.
Table of Contents:
- 1. Preparing for Your Surgical Rotation
- 2. Preoperative Evaluation, Testing, and Medication Management
- 3. Clinical Documentation and Oral Presentations
- 4. Sterile Technique
- 5. Management of Wound Healing and Suture Techniques
- 6. Bedside Procedures
- 7. Caring for the Postoperative Patient
- 8. Surgical Emergencies
- 9. Vascular Surgical Emergencies
- 10. Thyroid and Parathyroid Conditions
- 11. Breast Conditions
- 12. Foregut
- 13. The Biliary Tract
- 14. Pancreas
- 15. Conditions of the Appendix and Small Bowel
- 16. Conditions of the Colon and Rectum
- 17. Conditions of the Skin and Soft Tissue
- 18. Surgical Procedures
- 19. Common Abbreviations, Signs, Triads, and Pentads
- e-Chapter 20. Case Studies: Surgery
- e-Chapter 21. Review Questions: Surgery
About the Author:
Brennan Bowker, MHS, PA-C, CPAAPA works in trauma and emergency/general surgery at the Hospital of St. Raphael in New Haven, CT which is now a part of Yale New Haven Health System. Her clinical expertise includes general surgery, trauma, colon and rectal surgery, bariatrics, and urology. In addition to her clinical role at the hospital, she serves on several committees and is also the chief preceptor for clinical, pre-clinical, and shadowing students. Ms. Bowker is also a clinical adjunct assistant professor at Quinnipiac.
Maureen Knechtel, MPAS, PA-C, is the academic coordinator and an assistant professor with the Milligan College Physician Assistant Program in Johnson City, TN, and practices as a cardiology PA with the Ballad Health Cardiovascular Associates Heart Institute.
Download The Physician Assistant Student’s Guide to the Clinical Year: Surgery PDF Free:
Download The Physician Assistant Student’s Guide to the Clinical Year: Surgery PDF Latest edition from below by using the link.
click to download pdf
Here i need you attention to some of the important words about this article. This post was share just for educational purpose and to help medical students, post graduates and professors. This Site only educate our visitors about the materials. Medicscenters.com do not share the copyright materials on this site. The Link which is provide as found/ taken from the others websites. we highly encourage our visitors to buy the materials from its original authors. More over we do not store any kind of illegal link in our medicscenter.com server. We always follow the legal DMCA policy. There is no copyright materials share on medicscenter.com, We only offer the materials which are free on internet. This website is educational purpose and if there is any copyright materials against DMCA policy, who want to remove the materials kindly contact us on email [email protected].