There are twelve pairs cranial nerves in the central nervous system which originate from the brain stem and brain. Some are motor nerves, sensory nerves and some are mixed. These nerves leave the brain and brain stem through different foramina in the skull, and takes motor and sensory from all parts of the body. Cranial nerves are very important topic in medical examination. Students found cranial nerve very difficult to memorize. On of the easy way to memorize the cranial nerve by using Easy Cranial mnemonics. We gives easy mnemonics of cranial nerves and hope u people will find it helpful.
Name Of Cranial Nerves & Its Type:
Following are the names of cranial nerves and its type given below;
- Olfactory nerve (CN I)
- Optic nerve (CN II)
- Oculomotor nerve (CN III)
- Trochlear nerve (CN IV)
- Trigeminal nerve(CN V)
- Abducens nerve (CN VI)
- Facial nerve (CN VII)
- Auditory (or vestibulocochlear) nerve (CN VIII)
- Glossopharyngeal nerve (CN IX)
- Vagus nerve (CN X)
- Spinal accessory nerve (CN XI)
- Hypoglossal nerve (CN XII)
Mnemonic For Cranial nerves:
Easy mnemonic list for cranial nerves have been given below; Read the mnemonics and memorized the one which stuck in your mind. It will help you in exam.
- O: olfactory nerve (CN I).
- O: optic nerve (CN II).
- O: oculomotor nerve (CN III).
- T: trochlear nerve (CN IV).
- T: trigeminal nerve(CN V).
- A: abducens nerve (CN VI).
- F: facial nerve (CN VII).
- A: auditory (or vestibulocochlear) nerve (CN VIII).
- G: glossopharyngeal nerve (CN IX).
- V: vagus nerve (CN X).
- S: spinal accessory nerve (CN XI).
- H: hypoglossal nerve (CN XII).
- Orange Oregon O -lineman Tried Track And Field, Victory Gave Virginia School Honor.
- On Occasion Our Trusty Truck Acts Funny, Very Good Vehicle Any.
- Once One Openly Told Tourists About Fighting Vampires Gobling Various Antelope Herds.
- On Old Olympus’ Towering Top, A Friendly Viking Grew Vines And Hops.
- Oh, Oh, Oh, To Take A Family Vacation! Go Vegas After Hourse.
- Only Owl Observe Them Traveling And Finding Voldemort Guarding Very Secret Horcruxese.
- Old Opie Occasionally Tries Trigonometry And Feels Very Gloomy, Vague And Hypoactive.
- Old Oprah Occasionally Trots Triumphantly About, Farting Velveeta Globs, Vaunting Accolades Hysterically.
- Oh, Oh, Oh, To Touch And Feel Vintage Green Velvet, Simply Heaven.
- Old, Oliver, Ogg, Traveled, To, Africa, For, Very, Good, Vacations, And, Holidays.
- Once On October Thirteenth, Troublesome Abductors Filched Various Golden Valuables And Heirloomse.
Mnemonics for Cranial Nerves Types:
Following are the mnemonics for the types of cranial nerves. Its difficult to memorize that which nerve is motor, sensory and mixed. It can b easy memorized by mnemonic given below:
Mneominc: Some Say Marry Money But My Brother Says Big Brains Matter More.
- S: sensory (olfactory nerve – CN I)
- S: sensory (optic nerve – CN II)
- M: motor (oculomotor nerve – CN III)
- M: motor (trochlear nerve – CN IV)
- B: both (trigeminal nerve – CN V)
- M: motor (abducens nerve – CN VI)
- B: both (facial nerve – CN VII)
- S: sensory (vestibulocochlear nerve – CN VIII)
- B: both (glossopharyngeal nerve CN IX)
- B: both (vagus nerve – CN X)
- M: motor (spinal accessory nerve – CN XI)
- M: motor (hypoglossal nerve – CN XII
Leave a Reply