In this post we have shared an overview and download link of LAB MANUAL AND WORKBOOK IN MICROBIOLOGY PDF. Read the quick review below and download the PDF by using links given at the end of the post. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience.
This lab manual emphasizes the basic principles of diagnostic microbiology for students preparing to enter the allied health field. Students are led through a series of exercises that allow them to learn basic microbiology techniques and practice safety in the laboratory and hospital environment. It is primarily oriented toward meeting the interests and needs of those who will be directly involved in patient care and wish to learn how microbiological principles should be applied in the practice of their professions.
The authors articulate the purposes and function of the clinical microbiology laboratory in the diagnosis of infectious diseases. Exercises illustrate the nature of laboratory procedures used for isolation and identification of infectious agents as well as the principles of asepsis, disinfection and sterilization. The role of the health professional is highlighted in regard to appropriate collection of clinical specimens and application of aseptic and disinfectant techniques as they relate to patient care.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Josephine Morello, Ph.D., an American microbiologist, is the founder and first editor-in-chief of the American Society for Microbiology’ Clinical Microbiology Reviews She is also a founding co-editor of the Clinical Microbiology Newsletter. Her expertise is in the area of clinical microbiology
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
PART ONE Basic Techniques of Microbiology Exercises
1. The Microscope
2. Handling and Examining Cultures
3. Simple Stains and Wet-Mount
5. Acid-Fast Stain 35
6. Culture Media 41
7. Streaking Technique to Obtain Pure Cultures
8. Subculture Techniques
PART TWO Destruction of Microorganisms
9. Moist and Dry Heat
10. The Autoclave
12. Antimicrobial Agent Susceptibility Testing and Resistance
PART THREE Diagnostic Microbiology in Action
13. Primary Media for Isolation of Microorganisms
14. Some Metabolic Activities of Bacteria
15. Activities of Bacterial Enzymes
17. Principles of Nucleic Acid Assays and Multiplex Syndrome Panel Testing for the Diagnosis of Infectious Disease
18. Principles and Applications of MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry for the Rapid Identification of Bacteria and Fungi
20. Streptococci, Pneumococci, and Enterococci
21. Haemophilus, Corynebacteria, and Bordetella
22. Clinical Specimens from the Respiratory Tract
23. The Enterobacteriaceae (Enteric Bacilli) and Other Clinically Important Gram-Negative Bacilli
24. Clinical Specimens from the Intestinal Tract
25. Urine Culture Techniques
26. Neisseria and Spirochetes
27. Clinical Specimens from Blood
28. Anaerobic Bacteria
30. Mycoplasmas, Rickettsiae, Chlamydiae, Viruses, and Prions
31. Fungi: Yeasts and Molds
32. Protozoa and Animal Parasites
33. Serodiagnosis of Infectious Disease
34. Principles and Practices of Infection
Below are the technical specifications of Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology PDF:
- Book Name: Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology: Applications to Patient Care
- Edition: 12th Edition | | ISBN: 978-1260002188
- Author Name: Josephine Morello, Paul Granato & Verna Morton
- Category: Medical
- Format / Pages: PDF – 337 Pages.
Download Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology: Applications to Patient Care 12th Edition PDF Free:
You can easily download Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology: Applications to Patient Care 12th Edition PDF by clicking the link given below. If the link is not responding kindly inform us through comment section. We will fixed it soon.
“ NOTE: We do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us.“
Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We are not hosting any copyrighted contents on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that already found on the internet. Medstudentscorner.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Moreover Medstudentscorner.com server does not store any type of book, guide, software, or images. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet. Check out our DMCA Policy. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately. You may send an email to [email protected] for all DMCA / Removal Requests.