Today we are going to share a quick review and PDF of book which holds a famous position while studying diseases of eye. PARSONS DISEASES OF THE EYE 23RD EDITION
Parsons’ Diseases of the Eye has been a trusted textbook for undergraduate students for more than 100 years. It also caters to the basic needs of postgraduate students and practitioners who need to refer to this book for a quick review of the basic concepts.
The book was first published in 1907, and on account of its clear and friendly presentation style as well as its authoritative coverage of ocular disorders, it quickly became a fundamental text for students. Since then the book has maintained its popularity with students through regular revisions and updates.
The 19th edition of this book was especially adapted to the context of Indian subcontinent with a special mention about the infections that occur predominantly in this region. The 23rd edition continues this trend by presenting unparalleled guidance on nearly every ophthalmic condition and procedure, including the latest advances in the field, making the book more comprehensive and contemporary.
Features Of Parson’s Diseases of the Eye 23rd Edition PDF:
Following are the key features of this book given below;
- Compliant with the new competency-based curriculum.
- Inclusion of Learning Objectives at the beginning of each chapter.
- Three new chapters titled Non Traumatic Ophthalmic Emergencies, Dark Room Procedures and Clinical Investigations added to help students get a clear understanding of these topics.
- Additional topics: images on radiology and case studies on various ophthalmic procedures.
- Latest information on astigmatism, dry eye, eye donation, eye banking and various national programs has been provided.
- Simplified flowcharts and new photographs covering a number of clinical conditions are added features.
- Extensively revised and up-to-date with the new curriculum.
- New Learning Objectives
- Three new chapters on Non Traumatic Ophthalmic Emergencies, Dark Room Procedures and Clinical Investigations
- Updated information on astigmatism, dry eye, eye donation, eye banking and various national programs
- Images on radiology and case studies on various ophthalmic procedures
Table Of Contents:
Below are the complete chapters of this book given;
S-1: Anatomy and Physiology
- Embryology and Anatomy
- Physiology of the Eye
- The Physiology of Vision
- The Neurology of Vision
S-2: Ophthalmic Optics and Refraction
- Elementary Optics
- Elementary Physiological Optics
- Refractive Errors of the Eye
S-3: Ocular Examination Techniques and Ocular Therapeutics
- Ocular Symptomatology
- Assessment of Visual Function
- Examination of the Anterior Segment
- Examination of the Posterior Segment and Orbit
- Ocular Therapeutics.
S-4: Diseases of the Eye
- Diseases of the Conjunctiva
- Diseases of the Cornea
- Diseases of the Sclera
- Diseases of the Uveal Tract
- The Lens
- The Glaucomas
- Diseases of the Retina
- Diseases of the Vitreous
- Diseases of the Optic Nerve
- Intraocular Tumours
- Injuries to the Eye
S-5: Disorders of Motility
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Motor Mechanism
- Comitant Strabismus
- Concomitant Strabismus
S-6: Diseases of the Adnexa
- Diseases of the Lids
- Diseases of the Lacrimal Apparatus
- Diseases of the Orbit
S-7: Systemic Ophthalmology
- Diseases of the Nervous System with Ocular Manifestations
- Ocular Manifestations of Systemic Disorders
S-8: Preventive Ophthalmology
- Genetics in Ophthalmology
- The Causes and Prevention of Blindness
Download Parson’s Diseases of the Eye 23rd Edition PDF free:
Download this book direct to your device by clicking the download link given below. If the download link does not working, kindly inform us through comment section. We will reply to you soon.
“ NOTE: We do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us.
Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We are not hosting any copyrighted contents on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that already found on the internet. Medstudentscorner.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Moreover Medstudentscorner.com server does not store any type of book,guide, software, or images. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet. Check out our DMCA Policy. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately.We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately. You may send an email to [email protected] for all DMCA / Removal Requests.