In this following post we have shared an overview and download link of Smith and Aitkenhead’s Textbook of Anaesthesia 7th Edition PDF. Read the quick review below and download the PDF by using links given at the end of the post. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience.
This highly successful textbook is internationally renowned as a core text for trainee anaesthetists and is essential reading for candidates for the Fellowship of Royal College of Anaesthetists and similar examinations. The previous 6th edition was awarded First Prize at the BMA Medical Book awards.
The book provides full coverage of the sciences underpinning practice in anaesthesia, critical care and pain management together with details of clinical anaesthesia and perioperative care. In combining these aspects, a generation of anaesthetists have found the textbook invaluable during the first few years of training as well as when preparing for the FRCA and similar professional examinations.
The goal for this Seventh Edition has remained to equip the reader with the basic knowledge and practical considerations required to administer anaesthesia and perioperative care for a whole range of surgical conditions in patients with all common medical comorbidities. Reflecting the expanding role of anaesthesia beyond the operating theatre it also includes essential material related to safety and quality assurance, consent, resuscitation, intensive care medicine, pre-hospital care and chronic pain management.
Key features of Smith and Aitkenhead’s Textbook of Anaesthesia 7th Edition:
- This book’s scope includes the full range of clinical practice, from anaesthetic equipment and pre-operative assessment through to post-operative care, local anaesthesia, anaesthesia for individual specialties and the management of chronic pain.
- The text covers the principles of pharmacology, anaesthetic agents and physics for the anaesthetist.
- This Seventh Edition has been restructured into four sections: Basic Sciences; Physics and Apparatus; Fundamentals of Anaesthesia and Perioperative Medicine; and Clinical Anaesthesia.
- There are four new chapters reflecting the UK postgraduate anaesthetic examination syllabus and changes in clinical practice. There are: The older patient; Anaesthesia in low and middle-income areas; Management of critical incidents; and Data analysis, clinical trials and statistics.
- Thirty new contributors provide a new perspective or contribute new chapters.
- This edition makes extensive use of new line drawings and diagrams and, for the first time, many of these are available in colour.
- Chapters have been extensively cross-referenced to aid the reader and avoid repetition to include substantially more information without increasing the overall size of the book.
- The content of each chapter is closely aligned to the syllabus of the Primary FRCA examination. Sample online questions and answers are provided for each chapter and linked to the relevant part of each chapter.
Table of contents:
- Section 1 Basic Sciences
- General principles of pharmacology
- Data, statistics and clinical trials
- Inhalational anaesthetics and medical gases
- Intravenous anaesthetics and sedatives
- Local anaesthetics
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle function and neuromuscular blockade
- Cardiovascular system
- Respiratory system
- Renal system
- Fluid, electrolyte and acid–base balance
- Metabolism, the stress response and thermoregulation
- Blood, coagulation and transfusion
- Section 2 Physics and Apparatus
- Basic physics
- Clinical measurement and monitoring
- Section 3 Fundamentals of Anaesthesia & Perioperative Medicine
- Quality and safety
- Preoperative assessment
- Coexisting disease
- Consent and information
- The practical conduct of anaesthesia
- Airway management
- Pain management
- Local and regional anaesthesia
- Management of critical incidents
- Postoperative care
- Section 4 Clinical Anaesthesia
- The high-risk surgical patient
- The older surgical patient
- The obese patient
- Paediatric anaesthesia
- Day surgery
- General, gynaecological and genitourinary surgery
- Orthopaedic surgery
- ENT, maxillofacial and dental surgery
- Ophthalmic surgery
- Vascular, endocrine and plastic surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Cardiac surgery
- Obstetric anaesthesia and analgesia
- Emergency and trauma surgery
- Anaesthesia in low and middle-income areas
- Anaesthesia outside the operating theatre
- Organ transplantation
- Intensive care medicine
Download Smith and Aitkenhead’s Textbook of Anaesthesia 7th Edition PDF Free:
You can easily download Smith and Aitkenhead’s Textbook of Anaesthesia 7th Edition PDF free by clicking the link given below. If the link is not responding, kindly inform us through comment section. We will fixed it soon.
Click to download pdf
“ NOTE: We do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us.“
Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We are not hosting any copyrighted contents on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that already found on the internet. Medstudentscorner.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Moreover Medstudentscorner.com server does not store any type of book, guide, software, or images. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet. Check out our DMCA Policy. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately. You may send an email to [email protected] for all DMCA / Removal Requests.