In this following post we have shared an overview and download link of WONG’S ESSENTIAL OF PEDIATRICS NURSING 12TH EDITION PDF. Read the quick review below and download the PDF by using links given at the end of the post. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience.
Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing is authorized by Marilyn Hockenberry and David Wilson, two of the most well-known and respected names in the field. When it comes to caring for children, no other resource better prepares you for practice than Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing because of its most readable, up-to-date, and accurate content available. An abundance of full-color illustrations helps you visualize key concepts, and highlighted boxes and tables offer quick access to vital facts and information.
Provide quality nursing care through each stage of child development! Wong’s Nursing Care of Infants and Children, 12th Edition uses an easy-to-follow, family-centered approach to describe the care of children at each age and stage of development. The book begins with a discussion of the influences on and assessment of child health, then provides chapters on child health promotion and health problems ― all organized by age groups and body systems. Up-to-date, evidence-based information helps you develop critical thinking skills along with the sensitivity needed to become a compassionate, caring pediatric nurse. Written by a team of experts led by Marilyn J. Hockenberry, Wong’s continues to be the leading text in pediatric nursing.
Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing PDF Features:
- Developmental approach clearly identifies key issues at each stage of a child’s growth to help you provide appropriate, individualized care for each child.
- UNIQUE! Family focus includes a separate chapter on the role of the family in child health, family content throughout the text, and Family-Centered Care boxes that highlight information on patient teaching, home care, and incorporating the family in the child’s care.
- An emphasis on wellness offers health promotion and injury prevention strategies for each age group.
- UNIQUE! Evidence-Based Practice boxes demonstrate how research is applied to nursing care in the clinical setting.
- UNIQUE! Atraumatic Care boxes provide guidance for administering nursing care with minimal pain or stress to the child, family, and nurse.
- NEW! Safety Alerts call your attention to important patient safety considerations and support the QSEN initiative for better outcomes of nursing care.
- NEW! Quality Patient Outcomes content in Nursing Care Management discussions for major diseases and disorders helps you understand how the care you provide impacts patient safety and promotes positive outcomes.
- UNIQUE! Critical thinking case studies allow you to test and develop your analytical skills in a variety of clinical situations.
- NEW! Drug Alerts throughout the text emphasize important drug information and point out potential issues.
- NEW! Pathophysiology Reviews highlight and clarify complex pathophysiology information.
- Completely updated content focuses on timely, practical topics, including methods for measuring competency and outcomes, the nurse’s role in injury prevention, shaken baby syndrome/traumatic brain injury, Healthy People 2020, car restraints, immunizations, late preterm infants, and childhood obesity.
- Expanded and updated coverage of genetics addresses the latest advances in the field as it relates to children in health and illness.
key features of 12th Edition:
- Focus on family-centered care emphasizes the role and influence of the family in child health and illness with a separate chapter and Family-Centered Care boxes.
- Full-color drawings and photographs reflect the latest in nursing care.
- Nursing Care Guidelines boxes offer clear, step-by-step instructions for interventions in a variety of situations and conditions, and Nursing Care Plan boxes included expected patient outcomes and rationales for nursing interventions.
- Translating Evidence into Practice and Applying Evidence to Practice boxes help you apply research to improve the outcomes of nursing care.
- Atraumatic Care boxes contain techniques for care that manage pain, discomfort, or stress, along with approaches to promote self-esteem and prevent embarrassment.
- Emergency Treatment boxes serve as a quick reference for interventions in critical situations.
- Cultural Considerations and Cultural Competence content provides tips from clinical experts.
- Community and Home Health Considerations boxes address issues such as increasing immunization rates, decreasing smoking among teens, and preventing lead poisoning.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Dr. Marilyn Hockenberry, PhD, RN, PNP-BC, FAAN, is the Bessie Baker Professor of Nursing at Duke University School of Nursing. Dr. Hockenberry, a distinguished leader in pediatric oncology and evidence-based practices and outcomes, is actively involved in the School’s cancer-related research initiatives and teaches in the DNP program. She also serves as one of the 11 chairs of the Duke Institutional Review Board.
Before coming to Duke, she was Professor of Pediatrics in the Hematology/Oncology Division at Baylor College of Medicine. She also served as the nurse scientist for the hospital and director of the pediatric nurse practitioner program in the Texas Children’s Cancer Center at Texas Children’s Hospital (TCH) from 1994 to 2012. At TCH, she served as director of the Center for Research and Evidence-based Practice from 2002 to 2009 and director of the Evidence-based Outcomes Center from 2004 to 2009.
Table of Contents :Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing:
- Children, Their Families, And The Nurse
- Assessment Of The Child And Family
- Family-Centered Care Of The Newborn
- Family-Centered Care Of The Infant
- Family-Centered Care Of The Young Child
- Family-Centered Care Of The School-Age Child And Adolescent
- Family-Centered Care Of The Child With Special Needs
- The Child Who Is Hospitalized
- The Child With Problems Related To The Transfer Of Oxygen And Nutrients
- The Child With Problems Related To The Production And Circulation Of Blood
- The Child With A Disturbance Of Regulatory Mechanisms
Download Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing 12th Edition PDF Free:
You can easily download Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing 12th Edition PDF by clicking the link given below. If the link is not responding kindly inform us through comment section. We will fixed it soon.
click to download pdf
“ NOTE: We do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us.“
Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We are not hosting any copyrighted contents on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that already found on the internet. Medstudentscorner.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Moreover Medstudentscorner.com server does not store any type of book, guide, software, or images. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet. Check out our DMCA Policy. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately. You may send an email to [email protected] for all DMCA / Removal Requests.