In this article we upload the PDF Churchill’s Pocketbook CLINICAL PRACTICAL PROCEDURES FOR JUNIOR DOCTORS. Before you download the PDF of this book we suggest you to read a quick review and features of the book.
This practical guide provides an instruction manual for common, essential ward-based practical procedures. The book is aimed at those in their foundation years, as well as being useful for those starting their subsequent specialist training years. Many of these procedures are not taught at medical school, yet are expected to be routinely implemented as a junior doctor.
Furthermore, the competency-based assessment structure being implemented as part of the ‘Modernising Medical Careers’ programme has highlighted and defined the need for professional guidance and teaching with such procedures. The book covers all major ward-based practical procedures (including all of those covered in the Foundation Programme syllabus), with chapters for related procedures being grouped under relevant sections.
Each chapter is set out under a standard set of headings, including the indications for the procedure, the anatomy underlying the procedure, details of how to perform the procedures, post-procedure care, potential complications and their management, and relevant investigations. The style is concise and to the point in the form of a quick reference guide, and the methodology reads as if performing the procedure in person on the ward. Numerous clinical photographs and diagrams complement the text at key steps of the procedure. Every chapter has a number of helpful ‘Tips’ boxes providing practical advice and experience in an easy-to-read manner.
Features Of Churchill’s Pocketbook clinical Practical procedures for Junior Doctors PDF
Following are the features of this book given below;
- Covers all major ward-based practical procedures (including all of those covered in the Foundation Program syllabus), with chapters for related procedures being grouped under relevant sections.
- Numerous clinical photographs and diagrams complement the text at key steps of the procedure.
- Colors illustration and high-yield definitions.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Complete chapters of this book given below;
- Airway care with simple devices.
- Peak expiratory flow rate measurement and spirometry.
- Pleural aspiration (of fluid or air).
- Chest drain insertion and management.
- Percutaneous pleural biopsy.
- Venepuncture (peripheral and femoral).
- Blood cultures.
- Peripheral venous cannulation.
- Preparing and setting up intravenous medications.
- Intravenous fluids and commonly prescribed infusions.
- Central venous catheter insertion.
- Arterial blood gas sampling.
- Arterial cannulation.
- Performing an electrocardiogram (ECG).
- Nasogastric tube placement.
- Abdominal paracentesis and ascitic drain insertion.
- Rigid sigmoidoscopy.
- Urethral catheterisation.
- Lumbar puncture.
- Arthrocentesis of the knee.
- Subcutaneous and intramuscular injections.
- Local anaesthetics.
Download Obstetrics by Ten Teachers PDF
Nurse’s Pocket Guide 14th edition PDF Download:
Download Churchill’s Pocketbook clinical Practical procedures for Junior Doctors PDF free:
Download the PDF by clicking the link given below. If the link does not working kindly inform us through comment section. We will updated you soon.
click to download pdf
“ NOTE: We do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us.
Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We are not hosting any copyrighted contents on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that already found on the internet. Medstudentscorner.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Moreover Medstudentscorner.com server does not store any type of book,guide, software, or images. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet. Check out our DMCA Policy. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately.We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately. You may send an email to [email protected] for all DMCA / Removal Requests.
Leave a Reply