In this article we upload the PDF Churchill’s Pocketbook CLINICAL PRACTICAL PROCEDURES FOR JUNIOR DOCTORS. Before you download the PDF of this book we suggest you to read a quick review and features of the book.
This practical guide provides an instruction manual for common, essential ward-based practical procedures. The book is aimed at those in their foundation years, as well as being useful for those starting their subsequent specialist training years. Many of these procedures are not taught at medical school, yet are expected to be routinely implemented as a junior doctor.
Furthermore, the competency-based assessment structure being implemented as part of the ‘Modernising Medical Careers’ programme has highlighted and defined the need for professional guidance and teaching with such procedures. The book covers all major ward-based practical procedures (including all of those covered in the Foundation Programme syllabus), with chapters for related procedures being grouped under relevant sections.
Each chapter is set out under a standard set of headings, including the indications for the procedure, the anatomy underlying the procedure, details of how to perform the procedures, post-procedure care, potential complications and their management, and relevant investigations. The style is concise and to the point in the form of a quick reference guide, and the methodology reads as if performing the procedure in person on the ward. Numerous clinical photographs and diagrams complement the text at key steps of the procedure. Every chapter has a number of helpful ‘Tips’ boxes providing practical advice and experience in an easy-to-read manner.
Features Of Churchill’s Pocketbook clinical Practical procedures for Junior Doctors PDF
Following are the features of this book given below;
- Covers all major ward-based practical procedures (including all of those covered in the Foundation Program syllabus), with chapters for related procedures being grouped under relevant sections.
- Numerous clinical photographs and diagrams complement the text at key steps of the procedure.
- Colors illustration and high-yield definitions.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Complete chapters of this book given below;
- Airway care with simple devices.
- Peak expiratory flow rate measurement and spirometry.
- Pleural aspiration (of fluid or air).
- Chest drain insertion and management.
- Percutaneous pleural biopsy.
- Venepuncture (peripheral and femoral).
- Blood cultures.
- Peripheral venous cannulation.
- Preparing and setting up intravenous medications.
- Intravenous fluids and commonly prescribed infusions.
- Central venous catheter insertion.
- Arterial blood gas sampling.
- Arterial cannulation.
- Performing an electrocardiogram (ECG).
- Nasogastric tube placement.
- Abdominal paracentesis and ascitic drain insertion.
- Rigid sigmoidoscopy.
- Urethral catheterisation.
- Lumbar puncture.
- Arthrocentesis of the knee.
- Subcutaneous and intramuscular injections.
- Local anaesthetics.
Download Churchill’s Pocketbook clinical Practical procedures for Junior Doctors PDF free:
Download the PDF by clicking the link given below. If the link does not working kindly inform us through comment section. We will updated you soon.
click to download pdf
Here i need you attention to some of the important words about this article. This post was share just for educational purpose and to help medical students, post graduates and professors. This Site only educate our visitors about the materials. Medicscenters.com do not share the copyright materials on this site. The Link which is provide as found/ taken from the others websites. we highly encourage our visitors to buy the materials from its original authors. More over we do not store any kind of illegal link in our medicscenter.com server. We always follow the legal DMCA policy. There is no copyright materials share on medicscenter.com, We only offer the materials which are free on internet. This website is educational purpose and if there is any copyright materials against DMCA policy, who want to remove the materials kindly contact us on email [email protected].